After the Church of England voted to welcome transgender people into their congregations, evangelist Franklin Graham sounded off on the announcement.
"As Christians we have to stand firm on the Word of God," Graham posted to Facebook. "Of course our churches should be welcoming of transgender people, in the same way we should be welcoming of anyone, because everyone needs the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ."
But Graham takes issue with portions of the CoE's statements.
The official motion about transgender people reads: "That this Synod, recognizing the need for transgender people to be welcomed and affirmed in their parish church, call on the House of Bishops to consider whether some nationally commended liturgical materials might be prepared to mark a person's gender transition."
To Graham, the problem with transgender people at church comes with the word "affirm."
"God's Word is unchanging, unwavering and true. Yes, we have compassion for all, but compassion must be based on truth. God did not make people transgender—He made them male or female. And a service acknowledging someone's gender change is a service celebrating a departing from God's will. The Bible tells us, 'For the time will come when people will not endure sound doctrine, but they will gather to themselves in accordance with their own desires, having itching ears. but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions' (2 Tim. 4:3)."
What do you think? Sound off!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer