Franklin Graham issued an urgent warning on behalf of Charlie Gard, a terminally ill infant to whom the U.K. government wants to deny life-sustaining treatment.
"As a parent and a grandparent, this is so alarming. Little Charlie Gard's parents deserve the right to bring him to the U.S. to try to find treatment for him—that shouldn't even have to be discussed! It's their prerogative," Graham posted to Facebook recently.
After such vocal protests against Gard's treatment denial, the British court will reassess the parents' pleas for the experimental treatment.
ABC News reports Great Ormond Street Hospital applied for the court hearing to be held because of "new evidence relating to potential treatment for his condition" from researchers at the Vatican's children's hospital and another facility outside of Britain, including hospitals in Rome and the U.S. offering to provide Charlie the experimental therapy.
"That the U.K. hospital or the government would not allow them to make the decisions about Charlie's life and medical care is unfathomable. Days and days have passed that he could've been being treated here in America—this is a tragedy. They have now delivered a petition with 350,000 signatures to the hospital, saying that they should release Charlie as the parents request. This is one of the dangers of socialized medicine. We need to stay as far away from this as possible here in the United States as healthcare is reorganized! Charlie's case may be back in court today, so join me in praying for him and for his mom and dad, Connie Yates and Chris Gard," Graham posted.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.