Scotland's largest teaching union has voted for children across the country to be taught about same-sex families and LGBT history.
At its annual general meeting in Perth, the Educational Institute of Scotland (EIS) resolved to "affiliate to the Time for Inclusive Education (TIE) campaign."
TIE calls for compulsory teaching on a range of controversial topics including homosexuality and transsexualism.
The demands of the TIE campaign include compulsory teaching on:
– Homophobia, biphobia and transphobia
– Same-sex relationships
– The Equal Rights Movement, Stonewall and the Gay Liberation Movement
– Sexualities and sexual orientation
– Transsexualism and gender identity
– Pro-LGBT sexual health education
A majority of Members of the Scottish Parliament have signaled support for TIE and, earlier this year, the Scottish Government established a working group to discuss the aims of the campaign and hear recommendations from groups including Stonewall.
Rev. David Robertson, founder of the Solas Centre for Public Christianity, has described the TIE campaign as a "Trojan horse to impose an ideological perspective on all pupils."
He believes it is an attempt to "indoctrinate school pupils with one particular perspective on moral and sexual ethics and one which is contrary to mainstream Christianity."
In England, fears remain over government plans for Relationships Education.
The plans, which are expected to be consulted on later this year, will mean teaching young children about "different types of relationships."
This could include homosexuality, transsexualism and same-sex marriage. Ministers said parents will not have the right to withdraw their children from the classes.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details