The U.K. media has facilitated the harmful idea that children can be transsexual, a parental campaign group has warned.
Transgender Trend, a group of concerned parents who challenge pro-trans propaganda, says the media—and the BBC in particular—are responsible for introducing and normalizing the idea that children can be "trapped in the wrong body."
In an article published earlier this week, it set out the results of a study of media output from April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017.
Transgender Trend argues that the media has facilitated a rapid public acceptance, not just of transsexualism, but of "the completely new belief that children are 'transgender,' together with the idea that invasive medical intervention is a necessity."
It says a quick search reveals that the "BBC alone has covered the subject of 'transgender kids' in at least 35 online articles, 23 radio broadcasts and 7 TV shows" in a 12-month period.
Its examination of newspaper coverage also found that 114 UK-based articles on transsexual children were published between April 2016 and March 2017.
After analyzing the language in each of the articles, the group discovered an overwhelming tendency toward endorsing the trans lobby's agenda.
It identifies 25 articles that suggested a risk of suicide if a child does not "transition,." 67 mentioned drugs to help a child transition, and 28 mentioned future surgery.
There were 36 references to transsexual organizations and numerous references to gender-neutral language, gender-neutral toilets and gender-neutral school uniforms.
However, across all the articles, the risks involved with childhood "transitions" were only touched upon a total of 22 times.
In the research, steps were taken to remove duplicates, and the group states the findings give an overall picture of press coverage.
Transgender Trend was speaking after new figures emerged from the Tavistock clinic's Gender Identity Development Service, an NHS trust which works with children diagnosed with "gender identity disorder."
Referrals to the clinic have risen from 1,419 in 2015/16 to 2,016 in 2016/17, a 42 percent increase.
The figures show that referrals have been increasing at an alarming rate since 2009, when there were under 100.
Last year, The Christian Institute warned of a continuing endorsement of transsexualism in the BBC's news output.
Simon Calvert, Deputy Director for Public Affairs at the Institute, said: "Whether it's abortion, gay marriage or transsexualism the BBC has shown again and again that it is only prepared to publicize one side of the debate.
"As a publicly funded broadcaster, with a large audience and huge influence, the BBC should not be an unquestioning mouthpiece for the harmful and experimental ideas of the trans lobby."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details