Extreme ideas about '"changing" gender have "infiltrated" society and are pushing children down a path which threatens their mental health, a columnist has warned.
Sarah Vine said some adults in the worlds of medicine, politics and education have bowed to transsexual activists "for fear of being branded as 'backward.'"
The result, she suggested, is that an increasing number of children are questioning their identity.
Vine made the comments as a guidebook aimed at children as young as seven claimed the phrase "boys and girls" excludes those who are "gender diverse."
Can I Tell You About Gender Diversity? is backed by Educate & Celebrate, a group that has received financial support from the government and praise from Ofsted.
She also noted that Childline had reported a spike in the number of children using its services over gender concerns.
"If there is a genuine increase in gender-fluidity among children, I believe it's entirely man-made," Vine wrote in the Daily Mail.
While acknowledging that some children may "genuinely feel they are in the wrong body," she expressed concerns that "the whole conversation now takes place within a rigid structure constructed by the LGBTQ lobby."
Vine continued: "Ideas that, until recently, were considered at best fanciful, at worst extreme, seem to have infiltrated traditionally sober institutions" such as medicine and education.
She gave an example of a girl at a secondary school who was given a detention because she did not use the "correct" term to describe her own sex.
But the columnist said that instead of detention, the girl should have been rewarded for swimming against the tide.
Vine wrote that the pro-trans propaganda is "threatening the sanity of—and, yes, I'm going to say it—normal children."
She added: "Yes, there must be compassion for the very few who experience gender confusion.
"But there must also be common sense that this is not something that affects the majority of children."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details