Scottish kids are being encouraged to explore "queerness" and question whether they are a boy or a girl, in a project paid for by taxpayers.
"Gendersaurus Rex" is an "artistic research project" exploring how "gender, feminism, sexuality, queerness and difference" can be incorporated into live performance for children.
It was commissioned by Imaginate, a performing arts group that is subsidized by the Scottish government and the European Union.
According to its website, Imaginate "works in partnership with schools, local authorities and Education Scotland to support pupils, teachers and other educators' creative development."
The project is being led by controversial performance artist Eilidh MacAskill, who believes that "patriarchy" and "heteronormativity" are "destroying children's lives." She works with children between the ages of 2 and 5.
In an article explaining Gendersaurus Rex, she states: "It's about making work that can speak directly to the gender-variant child, the queer child, the homosexual child, the cis-gendered child who might feel constrained by the expectations inherent in being a girl or a boy.
"It's about using the power of art as a place to question, subvert, hide from, muddy, invert and take refuge from the oppression of everyday life."
MacAskill argues that "the norm is patriarchal, sexist, white and body-conformist" and calls for "some diversity," complaining that there is a lack of "non-heteronormative lives in our children's theater."
She asks: "What do we mean by queer? How do we talk about queerness outside of sexuality? How do we talk about sexuality and children in the same breath without being accused of summoning the specter of pedophilia?"
On hearing about the project, one parent told the Daily Express: "The very idea that someone can access my child to put these ideas into their heads is frankly horrifying.
"I absolutely object to this, and the fact that the public is funding it is sickening."
The Scottish government denies that it is funding the project. However, the Imaginate website states that the Scottish government is one of its major funders.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details