In response to UNESCO's recent passage of a resolution denying any Jewish or Christian connections to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem has called on Christians around the world to send Bibles to the UNESCO offices in Paris to remind them of the irrefutable history of the site. Hundreds of Bibles have already been posted to UNESCO with many of its references to "Jerusalem" and the "Temple" highlighted, and thousands more are expected to arrive in coming weeks.
"We were very shocked and disappointed that UNESCO would adopt such a flawed resolution," said the ICEJ Executive Director Dr. Jürgen Bühler. "Most of us view these diplomats as being principled and well-educated. But apparently, some of them forgot their history lessons, and we are sending them Bibles to refresh their memory. Even worse, some of these representatives are deliberately trying to erase the Jewish and Christian bonds to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and other revered sites in the land of Israel. Hopefully, our campaign will give our nations' envoys at UNESCO the courage to stand up to the anti-Semites in their midst."
At the time the UNESCO resolution was passed two weeks ago, the ICEJ was hosting its annual Christian celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem. The day after the UNESCO decision, some 8,000 Christians from over 100 nations took to the streets of the Israeli capital in the traditional Jerusalem March to express their solidarity with the Jewish people and their ancient claim and connection to the city.
As the ICEJ's week-long Feast was ending, Dr. Bühler issued a call for Christians everywhere to send Bibles to the UNESCO headquarters in Paris to press home the message that Jews and Christians have indisputable historic links to Jerusalem which predate Islam by centuries. The Christian Embassy is now receiving reports that hundreds of Bibles are already posted to UNESCO and thousands more will soon be on the way.
Jerusalem is mentioned by name more than 1,000 times in the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures, while the Temple Mount appears hundreds of times as well. There also are hundreds of other references to the site as "Zion", the "House of the Lord," the "courts of the Lord," and similar terms.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details