This week, about 38,000 pupils across the United Kingdom will be required to take part in the first ever "School Diversity Week" to combat "homophobic bullying" in the classroom.
The initiative is organized by the charity Just Like Us, whose aims are to "empower and support young LGBTQ+ people to become active agents of change in making schools LGBTQ+ friendly places."
A special reception was hosted by the Speaker of the House of Commons, John Bercrow, to mark the launch of the initiative on Tuesday, June 14. The event was attended by Education Secretary Nicky Morgan, campaigner Peter Tatchell, MPs and selected school pupils and teachers.
Indoctrination of children
Speaking at the event, founder and CEO of Just Like Us, Tim Ramsey, said: "School Diversity Week is an amazing chance for schools to unite their whole community in promoting positive views among young people about LGBT people."
However, serious concerns have been raised that the initiative will be used by LGBT activists as a vehicle to affirm and promote same-sex lifestyles in schools.
Debating Mr. Ramsey on Channel 5 News, Andrea Williams, the Chief Executive of Christian Concern, said that while we are "against bullying of any kind," what is being celebrated here is the "indoctrination of a lifestyle." Although "each one of us is beautifully and wonderfully made," she said, we do not have to promote "this idea that all lifestyles are equivalent [and] that all lifestyles bring equal good."
She went on to speak of Christian Legal Center clients and teachers who have faced trouble, and in some cases have been suspended, for refusing to read books that promote homosexual practice.
The "School Diversity Week" takes place in the same month that a UN Committee claimed that requiring children to attend school assemblies, with collective acts of worship, undermines their human rights.
Initiative to protect marriage
Last month, a petition was launched to defend true marriage and family across Europe. The European Citizens' Initiative Mum, Dad & Kids aims to protect the definition of marriage as between one man and one woman.
Citizens from across EU member states are invited to add their signature supporting a definition of marriage and family that aims to promote a iblical pattern of family life.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details