Formerly imprisoned pastor Saeed Abedini said part of his calling was to leave his family to serve on the mission field.
"God asked me to leave my children who I had fed, changed their diapers, taken them to the doctor and spent every day and night with them and go back to Iran, which resulted in prison. Millions saw me as I became a witness for Christ for more than 1,200 days and nights in brutal Iranian prisons," Abedini wrote in a recent Facebook post.
Since his return, Abedini's family made headlines over marital disputes and restraining orders. His estranged wife, Naghmeh, says her husband had been abusive throughout their relationship, even during his time in prison.
"Many of you understand the battle we often face for our loved ones for spiritual chains. The battle is hard and emotional. By Grace of God I did not give up fighting for my husband's physical chains and by God's Grace I am not going to give up in praying and petitioning God for the long waited family reunion," Naghmeh posted to her Facebook page last month.
"Once steps are taken by Saeed in addressing the abuse and our family starts moving towards reconciliation and healing, I would be the first to announce it and give shouts of praise and thanksgiving. But until then I would appreciate your prayers for continued Grace and strength."
Meanwhile, Abedini says he is surrendering all to God.
"There are always things in our heart that we should surrender to God to achieve more for Jesus. It can be family or even your job or your friends. We should surrender that place in our heart to Jesus. Say GOODBYE to so many people and things in your life to say HELLO to Jesus today. If You are brave enough to say 'Goodbye,' The most bravest man of the world reward you with a new 'Hello,'" Abedini writes. "It's a daily process and I am still in it, Let's join together with Jesus who is our only Hero."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details