During Convocation on Wednesday, March 23, junior Julia Young, one of 11 Belgian Liberty University students, relayed the story of how her parents survived a bombing at the Brussels Airport in Zaventem on Tuesday.
The attack, which included a string of bombings at the airport and a metro station, left over 30 dead, according to news reports.
Young explained the uncertainty she felt early Tuesday when she learned of the attacks, knowing her parents were at the airport. She eventually was able to reach them through FaceTime. The first blast, she said, went off 10-15 feet in front of her parents as they were waiting in the check-in line, lifting them off of the ground. Her mother does not remember the initial event. Young's father then recovered enough to carry his wife to safety before the second blast went off.
Both of Young's parents had each of their eardrums blown out. Both sustained some head injuries, and Young's father also received some burns on his head.
"This is a miracle that they are alive," Young said.
While Young's parents were outside the airport, they ministered to others in the midst of chaos, praying over people in pain and sharing with them the hope that there is a God who loves everyone and sustains us through the darkness of this world.
Young shared a message from her parents with the student body. Liberty shared the video on social media so that students can pass it along and show the university's support for the Belgian people during this difficult time. In French, one of Belgium's national languages, Young also lifted up the victims and her country in prayer.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details