The number of children being given medical treatment for "gender confusion" has risen 1000 percent over the past five years.
The NHS's Gender Identity Disorder Service treated 1,013 children, between April and December last year, a freedom of information request by The Sun revealed.
In 2010, just 97 cases were recorded.
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, based in London, is the only clinic in the U.K. that provides such treatment. But as demand for the treatment increases, the Trust may seek to offer treatment in their Leeds, Brighton and Exeter clinics.
At the clinic those under 18 years of age and their families are given counselling and, in some instances, hormone-blocking treatments.
Appearing on Sky News last year, Christian Concern's Campaigns Director Andrew Marsh said: "we need to engage with the underlying issues" of gender identity and "address the psychological and mental issues with compassion and care."
In January, national "gender identity" group Mermaids claimed there were as many as 80 primary school age children a year expressing a desire to "change" their gender.
But studies strongly suggest that feelings of gender confusion in young children are often temporary.
According to the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Dr. Paul McHugh, 70 to 80 percent of children tracked at both Vanderbilt University and the London's Portman Clinic, who had expressed transgender feelings, "spontaneously lost those feelings."
Echoing the thoughts of Dr. McHugh Andrea Williams, chief executive of Christian Concern, said:
"When children express confusion like this, we need to be affirming their God-given identity and helping them to understand their birth gender. It is clear from this group's comments that many children are simply following the lead of others, without truly understanding the implications.
"If we allow this trend to grow unchecked, we could see many children making decisions they could regret later on."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details