While rumors circulate about has happened in the marriage between newly freed Saeed Abedini and his wife Naghmeh, Franklin Graham says he knows one thing for certain.
"Not everything that has been reported in the media is true," Graham posted on Facebook.
This week, Naghmeh filed a domestic relations case—that is, a legal separation—saying she wanted legal protection for her children if Saeed chose to end the marriage.
Graham has been a strong advocate for the Abedinis during Saeed's imprisonment and persecution in Iran.
"While we rejoice at his new freedom, we now lift him and his wife Naghmeh to the Lord for healing in their marriage," Graham posted. "Other than God, no one knows the details and the truth of what has happened between Saeed and Naghmeh except them. There's an old saying that there are at least two sides to every story."
Naghmeh says Saeed abused her emotionally, physically and sexually through his pornography addiction.
Saeed has not publicly commented on his marriage.
"As a minister of the Gospel, I have tried to be a friend to both and to assist them in getting Saeed home and in getting access to any help that they may need. Clearly, there is a great need for prayer for their relationship and their family. God has answered prayer by bringing about Saeed's release from prison, and now, Satan would like nothing more than to continue to destroy their lives. It is my prayer that this will not happen," Graham posted.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details