Government officials reportedly seized children from their parents over charges of "Christian radicalization and indoctrination," according to reports.
Norwegian government officials apprehended Marius and Ruth Bodnariu's children one day when they were at school.
"The reason was that the oldest girl was talking and singing about Jesus at school and the school director filed a complaint against Marian Bodnariu," reads a Facebook post by Marius' brother.
Though some reports indicate the children were returned, the administrator of the "Norway Return the children to Bodnariu Family" Facebook page says it is simply untrue.
"All children are still placed in different foster families; Marius and Ruth did not see them at all! The 5 children of the family were taken by social services on charges of 'christian indoctrination,'" the post reads.
The Bodnarius, unfortunately, are far from the first family to have their children "kidnapped" by the government. A recent report from RT indicates hundreds gathered in the capital city of Oslo to protest the country's foster care system.
The article reports Czech President Milos Zeman even compared the Barnevernet government system of kidnapping children to Nazi's "Aryan breeding program."
Norway's Child Welfare service program disagrees.
"The Child Welfare Services must base its actions on the best interests of the child. Sometimes the child's best interests conflicts with those of the parents," according to their website. "The Child Welfare Services' first duty is to provide help and support to the parents so that they can be good carers for their children. If such measures and initiatives fail to produce the desired result, or if the problems experienced by the parents for whatever reason are insurmountable, an alternative may be to relocate the child or children outside the home for a shorter or longer period."
But for families such as the Bodnarius, the "best interest" of the child is not to learn about Jesus.
Thousands have come to the aid of the Bodnariu family through an online petition that has gathered nearly 30,000 signatures.
"The parents were interrogated and asked not to publicly reveal the situation so they wouldn't aggravate their case!" the petition reads. "They are just a normal Christian family trying to raise their children in the knowledge of God! There is no documented or otherwise abuse of any kind in this family!"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details