Wednesday of last week, fellow prisoners viciously beat American Pastor Saeed Abedini in prison.
Unprovoked, fellow prisoners attacked Pastor Saeed as he attempted to leave his cell, punching him in the face near his left eye and nose. In addition to physically beating the persecuted pastor, prisoners demolished a small table Pastor Saeed used to study and read.
As he was attacked, Pastor Saeed called out for help. Iranian prison guards did intervene and prevent further injury. However, Pastor Saeed suffered injuries to his face—his eyes beaten black and blue. He was able to be seen briefly by a prison doctor, and thankfully he did not receive any broken bones.
This wasn't the first time he was beaten. Over the course of his nearly three years in prison, he has suffered numerous beatings, including from prison guards. He has sustained internal injuries that require surgery. With each beating, his condition worsens. Even before this most recent beating, Naghmeh testified about the toll it has taken on him, "I'm not just worried about his physical pain, but his psychological [pain]."
He is suffering because of his Christian faith, beaten and bruised for the gospel. Pastor Saeed was able to recount this beating to a family member in Iran who was able to visit him today and see his injuries first-hand.
On learning of the distressing news, Pastor Saeed's wife, Naghmeh, stated:
It is heartbreaking to me and my family that Saeed was again beaten in prison. Saeed's life is continuously threatened not only because he is an American, but also because he is a convert from Islam to Christianity. It's time to get Saeed home before it is too late.
This renewed violence is a vivid reminder of the need to do all we can as a nation to bring Pastor Saeed and the other Americans wrongfully held in Iran home.
It is vitally important that as negotiations face an imposed June 30 deadline between the United States and Iran that our government make every effort—use every tool in its diplomatic arsenal—to bring Pastor Saeed, a U.S. citizen, home to his loving wife and two young children.
With every beating, with every demand that he recant his faith in Christ and become Muslim or else be forced to serve even more than his 8-year sentence, Pastor Saeed's situation becomes more dangerous.
Time is of the essence. It is time to bring the Americans home.
Over 938,000 have signed a petition for Pastor Saeed's freedom. Help us reach 1 million voices for Pastor Saeed. Be his voice. Add your voice (below and) at beheardproject.com.
And please continue to pray as we fight across the globe for his freedom.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details