News headlines are still swirling around the ISIS attack outside a Texas cartoon contest that displayed pictures of the Prophet Muhammad.
Evangelist Franklin Graham is speaking out on the attack—but it might not be what you expected to hear. Graham has come out hard against Islamic terrorism, and he's not excusing the incident in Garland, but he's offering some wisdom that we should all heed.
"The organizers of the cartoon contest in Garland, Texas, had the constitutional right to do what they did—but just because we have the 'right' to do something doesn't make it right! As a Christian I'm offended when people mock my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ," Graham said.
"Muslims are offended when people mock their faith. I disagree with Islam. But just because I disagree, I'm not going to mock them or resort to violence. We need to show respect to people of other races and beliefs. What happened to civility and respect?"
Apparently, civility and respect are out the window and there may be more backlash. ISIS is now warning that "what is coming will be more grievous and more bitter and you will see from the soldiers of the Caliphate what will harm you, God willing."
Greta Van Susteren, host of On the Record on Fox News, is siding with Graham.
"The First Amendment free speech clause right is key to a democracy, but how one exercises that right is likewise important," she said. "Good judgment is important."
Do you think the cartoon contest was foolish? Sound off.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.