The National Day of Prayer and Fasting team from Australia is calling the nations of the world to pray and fast for the USA for seven days.
"The National Day of Repentance, held on 30 April 2015, takes its inspiration from Abraham Lincoln's Day of 'Humiliation, Prayer and Fasting' held during the Civil War," says Australian Pastor Matt Prater.
"This day of Repentance begins this seven-day period of prayer and fasting and concludes on 6 May, the eve of the USA National Day of Prayer."
Lana Vawser says it's time for Australia and the United States of America to join together.
"It is God's time for both of these nations to come into their destiny," she says. "It is time to stand together and commit to pray and wage war, and God will make a way where there seems to be no way."
In 1892 the United States Supreme Court determined that America was a Christian nation from its earliest days, reminds Dr. Graham McLennan.
"The court opinion, delivered by Justice Josiah Brewer said, 'Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind ... ,'" McLennan says. "We find everywhere a clear recognition of the same truth ... this is a Christian nation."
Warwick Marsh, Australian coordinator, says America is a long time friend of Australia. He reminds that both nations fought together in the first and second world wars, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf, Afghanistan and now we fight side by side in a spiritual battle of prayer.
"Australian intercessors, along with the nations of the world, will continue to pray and fast over this seven-day period for a miracle in the Supreme Court," he says, "that the court will affirm that marriage will remain between a man and a woman and so fulfill the words of Jesus Christ found in Matthew 19:4-6."
Alison Jessup points to how the prayer call has gone viral: "The Elijah list had 1.2 million hits in a 24-hour period when we made our first announcement. Our own Prayer for America YouTube has had over 20,000 hits over two weeks."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details