Millions across Europe, Africa and Asia watched the skies darken this morning during the solar eclipse.
New York Times best-selling author Jonathan Cahn was one such watcher, but to him, the eclipse on March 20 was more than an astronomical phenomenon.
"March 20 marks the exact center-point day of the year of the Shemitah," Cahn tells Charisma News. "It's worth to note that on this same day several events are converging—a solar eclipse, a super moon, the spring equinox, the opening day of the sacred biblical year. With just a portion of these convergences, scientists say occur only once in 100,000 years. On top of this, the solar eclipse will be the first appearance of the sun in months in the arctic regions, a convergence of once in 500,000 years."
In addition to the solar eclipse, March 20 will also see the spring equinox and a super moon—an alignment even mainstream media outlets call "freaky." For the Jewish calendar, it's Nisan 1, the opening day of the sacred year.
"The last time there was a total solar eclipse at the March Equinox was on March 20th in 1662," says Pastor Mark Biltz. "It was in the southern hemisphere. This is the first time ever in human history you have it at the North Pole! A once in 100,000 year event. Not only is it a total solar Eclipse but a Super Moon or Super Dark moon since it is a new moon. But what is also incredible is it happening on the First of Nisan. Which is the beginning of the religious calendar given to Moses. This is the day of the grand opening ceremony of Moses Tabernacle when the fire fell from heaven and lit the altar. But there's more! It just so happens the torah portion being read in every synagogue this weekend is Leviticus 1-5, which is the record of the events that actually happened on this day!"
Cahn turns back to Genesis for answers.
"In Genesis, it is written that God created the celestial lights for signs, for 'moedem' in Hebrew," Cahn says. " Moedeem also means the appointed times or holy days of God. So it's worthy of note that all these moedeem in the heavens are marking the exact centerpoint of the moedeem of the Shemitah on earth."
Biltz sees it as the launch of a new era.
"I see all this as a new era beginning since it is the first day of the religious year," he says. "Happening at the north pole is like midnight and a new era has begun. for the nation of Israel. Especially right after the elections and we have a total lunar eclipse coming on Passover on April 4th."
Charisma News previously reported that such an alignment has been linked to Jewish devastation.
Did you like this article? You'll enjoy Rabbi Cahn's books, The Harbinger and The Mystery of the Shemitah, as well as The Harbinger DVD. Purchase them here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details