The Temple Institute has rebuilt an altar to the Lord in Jerusalem, and international scholars are marveling at the significance behind it.
As part of the "Temple Movement" in Israel, the altar was inaugurated in December, and reports indicate it could be ready for Passover.
"We know that end-time prophecy cannot be fulfilled without the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem," says New York Times best-selling author Jonathan Cahn. "The abomination desolation prophesied in Daniel and in the Gospels, must take place within the Temple precincts. So, too, the apostle Paul speaks of the 'man of sin,' or the Antichrist, sitting in the Temple of God. What many people don't realize is that along with the Holy of Holies, the altar of the Temple is the most central and critical part of the Temple."
The Temple Institute's goal "is to rekindle the flame of the Holy Temple in the hearts of mankind through education. Our long-term goal is to do all in our limited power to bring about the building of the Holy Temple in our time," according to their website.
Jewish pilgrims are seeing the impact of the rebuilt temple, as well.
Though the full temple has not been reconstructed, the Institute is pressing toward that.
"What's so special about coming here on Tisha Be'av is that this is the location where the Temples were destroyed—just on the other side of the Wall," Gutman Locks tells the Jerusalem Post. "And that's where the third one will be built when the Messiah comes, and that one will not be destroyed.
"Even though it's the saddest time of the year, we can see Jews come back to the land again, which was prophesized for thousands of years. We can actually see it happening."
According to Breaking Israel News, what makes the altar so unique is that it can be disassembled and reassembled easily, allowing it to be transported quickly and efficiently from its current location, on display at the institute, to the Temple Mount when the time comes.
The timing of the rebuilt altar coincides with Cahn's revelation of the Shemitah cycle, as well as his predictions about the Middle East regarding the land of Israel.
"But if (the Shemitah) follows the course here's what would happen. According to the pattern, each time it happens, there is war in the Middle East," Cahn says. "No. 2, there is a major war focused on Israel—World War I and the 1967 Six-Day War. No. 3, that war results in an end-times restoration of the next step of end-times prophecy."
Is this a sign of the end times or merely interesting timing? Sound off!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details