This has been a week of progress in American Pastor Saeed's case—a U.S. citizen wrongfully imprisoned in Iran for his Christian faith—but his pain and injuries remain an increasing concern.
On the same day that Pastor Saeed's wife and young children were able to meet with President Obama in Pastor Saeed's hometown here in the U.S., a member of his family in Iran was able to visit Pastor Saeed in prison—Saeed's first visitor in more than a month.
Pastor Saeed's stomach pain—lingering injuries from prison beatings—remains a concern. Pastor Saeed expressed increased amounts of pain. He has still not received the critical medical attention he needs in a private hospital. He needs surgery.
But most of all, he needs to be brought home.
While his family in Iran is grateful to have the opportunity to once again resume regular visits, it is difficult to see Pastor Saeed continue to suffer.
Despite his injuries, Pastor Saeed continues to remain upbeat and hopeful, asking for news of his wife and kids. Saeed's family member was also able to share with him encouraging stories of people praying and supporting him all over the world.
I am sure it will be an encouragement to him that the president of the United States took the time to meet with his family. We don't know if Pastor Saeed has yet heard the news, but it is being reported in the Persian media. We hope to have more updates next week as to Pastor Saeed's condition and perhaps his reaction to the meeting between President Obama and his family.
This week represents a critical step toward his freedom. Now we will continue to press forward and work with the Obama Administration to bring this loving husband and father—this tormented U.S. citizen—home to America.
Please continue to pray, share Pastor Saeed's story, and sign the petition for Pastor Saeed's freedom at beheardproject.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details