The Islamic State is on the verge of entering Baghdad.
Canon Andrew White, best known as the vicar of Baghdad, reported around 1 a.m. Monday (EST) that ISIS is within 10 kilometers (about 6 miles) of the city and killed more than 1,000 troops during the weekend. Here is White's firsthand report from his Facebook page:
"People are very fearful. The nation looks as if it has collapsed. The usual hectic and crazy streets were this morning almost empty. The news from our friends in areas surrounding Baghdad is equally worry the Islamic State. ISIS, or DAASH as they are known locally, are very close to Baghdad. We do not really know what is happening all we know is that people are very afraid. We know that civilians have been killed in air strikes; we know that there are huge battles with ISIS, and we know that our army is not very efficient.
"This morning I was with one of my soldiers who is assigned by the government to protect me. I asked him what he would do if he saw ISIS coming. He told me he would take off his uniform and run. So I asked if he took seriously his role as a soldier to fight and protect his people he assured he did not. He told me he just did it because he needed the money.
"Meanwhile yesterday at church I spoke on the subject of why we must love Israel. I posted the following brief posting:
'Why We Must Love Israel.'
"This was the title of my sermon today. Quite an interesting title for a sermon in Iraq. The sermon was based on Romans Chapter 11: "Do not boast over the root for the root supports you." The sermon was well received as I have been working on the issue for so long. Because Abraham is so important to us here the issue of the Yehudi and us is taken very seriously. Despite being in Iraq I love the Jews and Arabs. Israelis, Palestinians and Iraqis and G-d loves them all too.
"I received a barrage of postings from people whether they hated Israel and saw them as anti-Palestinian or they were totally for Israel. What most people failed to understand was that loving Israel was far more than love for a state, it was love for a people. Love for a people that the Lord Jesus ... came [to save].
"Though we can see that we are called to love Jews and Arabs alike but that loving Israel is not an option for those of us who love Yeshua we have to. We must not forget the history. We as Christians have got to accept that our theology was responsible for the development of anti-Semitism. I spent hours yesterday just answering questions on this subject. I am not going to answer any more."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer