A homework project that asks pupils to look out for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender characters in TV shows has been criticized by campaigners.
The project includes a bingo-style game where children are asked to cross off squares when they come across an LGBT character or reference.
The game encourages children as young as 11 to analyze how the media portrays same-sex relationships.
It is part of a series of teaching resources developed by the Sex Education Forum, which lobbies for compulsory sex education in all schools.
The Forum launched the game in its latest e-magazine for teachers in primary and secondary schools, which focuses heavily on LGBT issues.
The bingo game came under fire from campaigners who dubbed it an "inappropriate" homework topic.
Norman Wells, director of the Family Education Trust said: "This activity encourages pupils to focus on sexual characteristics and behavior to the exclusion of everything else.
"It also gives disproportionate attention to lifestyles and sexual feelings which are very much in the minority."
Wells stressed that the project would not be supported by many parents as it promotes an "unhealthy obsession with sex."
In what she described as a "radical" campaign, head of Stonewall, Ruth Hunt said, "a suite of books that celebrates difference in all its forms" could be commissioned by the group for under-5-year-olds.
Speaking to The Independent, Hunt claimed: "Loads of kids these days have two mums or two dads—or at least gay uncles and aunts."
Hunt was announced as chief executive at the end of July, having previously been deputy chief executive. She lives with her civil partner in London.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details