Meriam Ibrahim, the Christian Sudanese mother who was forced to give birth with her legs chained in prison, says that her baby daughter is disabled as a result.
"Something has happened to the baby," she said, according to The Telegraph.
Ibrahim said she doesn't know the extent of the harm her daughter Maya may have suffered, and would probably only know as she grows older.
"I don't know in the future whether she'll need support to walk or not," Ibrahim said.
The Christian mom, who was imprisoned in Sudan for her faith, was freed last week after her conviction of "apostasy" was overturned. But she remains holed up with her family at the U.S. Embassy, unable to leave the country.
She could also face new charges, among them that her travel documents to come to the United States with her American husband and her children included false information about her religion.
However, the U.S. Embassy and the South Sudan Embassy cleared the papers, she said.
"How can my paperwork be wrong? My paperwork came from the Embassy," she said, according to The Telegraph. "It's 100 percent correct and it was approved by the South Sudan ambassador and the American ambassador."
The 27-year-old mother of two had been sentenced to death for marrying a Christian and "abandoning" the Muslim faith of her father. She contends that she never was a Muslim and always embraced the Christian faith that her mother taught her.
Her husband, Daniel Wani, has joint American-South Sudanese citizenship and has been working to secure her travel papers since she was imprisoned.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details