President François Hollande has allowed a French woman to marry her dead fiancé, under a little-known law dating back 55 years.
Pascale Liéard, 48, was given permission for a posthumous marriage to groom Michael, who died two years ago from a heart attack.
Liéard wrote to the president four times before he granted her wedding request. She plans to wear a white top and a black skirt for the occasion.
She said, “There are tears in normal weddings, so I can’t imagine what will happen at ours.”
“It will be like any other wedding ceremony except that there will be a photograph in the place of Michael. Even though he is not here anymore, he is still my man,” she added.
Liéard met Michael seven years ago, before he was imprisoned near their home town of Saint-Omer, northwest France.
They had planned to marry in jail, but Michael died suddenly of a heart attack a month before the planned wedding.
The law that allows posthumous marriages was introduced in 1959 after a dam burst in southern France, killing 420 people.
A pregnant woman was so upset at losing her fiancé in the accident that President Charles de Gaulle allowed them to marry.
Liéard waited 20 months before her request to marry her dead fiancé was accepted, and the police led an inquiry to verify her story.
The law requires proof that the couple had planned to marry before death occurred.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details