As Americans gather to pray this Sunday during the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church (IDOP), they should remember Christians in the world’s most persecuted country.
Rev. Eric Foley, CEO of Seoul USA, says instead of praying for members of the North Korean underground church, Americans should pray with them.
“They don’t ask God to deliver them from persecution," he explains. "They pray they’ll remain strong and faithful in the midst of their suffering.”
Foley says Americans may be surprised to learn North Korean Christians often pray for people of the U.S. and South Korea.
“They pray for us because they feel we are persecuted by our prosperity and it distances us from God," he says. "They pray that we will remain faithful to the Lord.”
Seoul USA recently obtained an exclusive new video of faithful North Korean Christians worshipping inside a North Korean home. The rare, amazing video may appear shocking because the underground Christians shown are not poor.
“It means the gospel is spreading among those in the higher classes,” Foley says.
And China has recently joined North Korean government efforts (ultimately unsuccessful) to prevent the gospel from spreading inside North Korea by jamming Seoul USA’s Christian shortwave radio broadcasts.
“The co‐opting of the Chinese government suggests the North Korean regime feels threatened by these broadcasts,” Foley says.
The North Korean government has tried repeatedly to extirpate Christianity from the country, but the underground church has survived and has overcome severe suffering.
“The N.K. Christian’s example may help Americans better prepare for the persecution that may be coming soon to the USA," Foley says. “Their experience reminds us that a commitment to the four pillars of worship is integral to the Christian life.”
The four pillars are featured in Seoul USA’s 100 Days of Worship campaign that runs through Dec. 31.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details