The wife of the American pastor imprisoned in Iran for his Christian faith says her husband remains bold for Jesus Christ in prison.
Saeed Abedini's wife, Naghmeh, recently spoke to students at Liberty University about her family's plight.
She said in spite of being tortured and asked to deny his faith in Christ and return to Islam, Pastor Saeed is a light for Jesus in Evin Prison, one of the worst in the world.
"They've told him many times that they would free him and allow him to return to our family, the kids and I, if he would deny his Christian faith, and he's stood strong in that prison. He's led many, many—over 30 people—to Christ in that prison," she told the audience.
A special prayer vigil for Pastor Saeed is being held worldwide Thursday—the one-year anniversary of his imprisonment in Iran.
It's also the day Iran's new president will be making his first trip to America to address the United Nations.
"Now is the time to speak out, to urge Iran to release Pastor Saeed," Jordon Sekulow, executive director for the American Center for Law and Justice, said in an email.
Watch Naghmeh Abedini's full speech below:
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details