Starting next Monday, the North Korean underground church will lead Christians around the world in 100 days of worship in the common places.
Daily, through Dec. 31, Christians are invited to follow the lead of their North Korean Christian brothers and sisters to do what led to their persecution in the first place: gathering together in small groups for daily public worship in the common places of life—their homes, schools, workplaces, parks, libraries, bus stops and more–using the historic four pillars liturgy of the North Korean underground church.
Rev. Eric Foley, CEO of Seoul USA, says while Americans are pledging to join in the effort, their goal is not to evangelize others.
“These will be outwardly modest and unremarkable gatherings," he says. "There will be no megaphones, no shouting, no political messages, no recruitment, no voices of concern about the state of religious freedom in America. Neither will the liturgy be conducted in hushed whispers in private corners when no one else is watching.”
Some American participants expect that like North Korean Christians, they may experience persecution as they publicly express their faith.
Rev. Chuck Huckaby, of First Protestant Church, New Braunfel, Texas, says his congregation will join in despite the risks.
“We are one with our suffering brothers and sisters both in North Korea and around the world. ... We’re taking the 100 days to learn what they have to teach us!"
The 100 Days of Worship campaign features the four pillars of the North Korean church:
- The Apostles' Creed
- The Ten Commandments
- The Lord’s Prayer
- The Lord’s Supper
Those wishing to participate can visit the Seoul USA Facebook page to sign up.
Registrants will receive a package by priority mail containing the 100 Days of Worship booklet and communion packages (one for each week of the campaign) consecrated by North Korean Christians. They’ll be invited to view an online inaugural worship service for the campaign, led by North Korean Christians. They’ll also be asked to share their experiences on the Facebook page.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details