Great Britain finally got to meet the newest addition of the royal family Tuesday.
To the delight of reporters and other onlookers, a beaming Duke and Duchess of Cambridge emerged from St. Mary's Hospital carrying their newborn son.
"He's got her looks, thankfully," Prince William told reporters. "He's got a good pair of lungs on him, that's for sure."
The baby boy was born Monday at 4:24 p.m., weighing in at eight pound, six ounces.
"It's a wonderful moment for a warm and loving couple who have a brand new baby boy," British Prime Minister David Cameron said.
In keeping with tradition, the baby announcement was posted on an easel outside Buckingham palace.
But in a sign of the new century the royal baby has been born into, the announcement was made to the world first through an email to the press and social media networks like Twitter.
In a brief statement Prince William said he and his wife Kate, "couldn't be happier."
Celebrations erupted immediately. Famous London landmarks announced the news and fountains turned blue -- as did Niagara Falls.
"I just got here in time to burst my bubbles and raise a toast to the new prince!" one well-wisher said.
British papers reflected the national mood, with one announcing "the regal has landed." Another newspaper, The Sun, temporarily changed the spelling of their title in honor of the new prince.
President Obama joined other world leaders in welcoming the birth of the royal baby.
"We wish them all the happiness and blessings parenthood brings," he said in a written statement.
On Tuesday, the new family is expected to re-enact the scene from 31 years ago when Prince William himself was presented to the world.
Meanwhile, English bookies have been betting on the baby's name for months, but now they say there's something new to bet on.
"People are betting on everything. I think the most interesting market at the moment is the baby's first word," bookmaker Rory Scott said. "You can get 'Dada' or 'Mama' -- they're the favorites -- but 'Your majesty' at 50/1 -- that might be worth a pound."
William and Kate will bring their newborn son home to Kensington Palace, and later this week he will meet his great grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II.
The baby is third in line to the throne.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer