The Grammy-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir raised $80,000 for Haiti earthquake relief efforts during a concert Sunday at the Brooklyn Tabernacle church in New York.
The donations will benefit two daily feeding programs the Brooklyn Tabernacle has supported in the Haitian cities of Port-au-Prince and Jacmel for several years.
The fundraiser followed a march Saturday across the Brooklyn Bridge, during which the 300-member choir sang and waved purple flags to proclaim that Christ reigns.
The purple flags represent royalty in the Bible, said choir founder Carol Cymbala. "We want to present a symbol of hope to a hopeless world," she said.
The concert featured music from the choir's latest CD, Declare Your Name.
On Monday, Feb. 1, the Trinity Broadcasting Network will donate revenue from ticket sales at its Holy Land Experience theme park to Haitian relief efforts. The ministry's charity, Smile of a Child, has already donated $100,000 to assist earthquake victims.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.