Courts vindicated former President Donald Trump Friday when Summer Devos dropped her five-year defamation lawsuit for sexual assault against him, and a New York judge granted his motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by his former personal attorney, Michael Cohen.
Zervos, a contestant on Trump's reality television show The Apprentice in 2005, sued Trump in January 2017 in a New York state court in Manhattan. Trump denied the allegations saying he harmed her reputation by calling such allegations by women "lies" and retweeting a post calling her claims a "hoax."
Trump was spared having to sit through a deposition after a judge ordered it to take place by Dec. 23. Zervos previously claimed Trump subjected her to unwanted kissing and groping in 2007 after she sought career advice, media reports said.
"It is so sad when things like this can happen, but so incredibly important to fight for the truth and justice," Trump said in a statement provided by Save America, a political action committee that supports him. "Only victory can restore one's reputation."
The statement said Trump has been "totally vindicated."
Trump had previous labeled Zervos' assault claims "politically motivated." And although Zervos' lawyers dropped the case, Zervos didn't back down from the allegations.
"Ms. Zervos no longer wishes to litigate against the defendant and has secured the right to speak freely about her experience," her lawyers Beth Wilkinson and Moira Penza said in a joint statement, as reported by Reuters. "Ms. Zervos stands by the allegations in her complaint.
"Ms. Zervos made the prudent decision to voluntarily drop her case without the exchange of any compensation or attorneys' fees," Trump's lawyer Alina Habba said in an email. "She had no choice but to do so as the facts unearthed in this matter made it abundantly clear that our client did nothing wrong."
New York's highest court, the Court of Appeals, dismissed Trump's latest appeal in Zervos' case in March.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details