Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard criticized leftist politicians for labeling Kyle Rittenhouse as a white supremacist and say they often use the "racist" label to call out anyone who doesn't agree with their views.
During an interview on Thursday, Cotton blasted Democrats like President Joe Biden for "reverting to name calling" when they are losing arguments. Cotton referred to last year when Biden was quick to label the 18-year-old Rittenhouse, who is accused of killing two people and wounding a third during a protest over police brutality in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in 2020, as a racist and white supremacist, One News America reported.
Rittenhouse is on trial on multiple charges of homicide and faces a life sentence if convicted of the more serious of the six charges against him. Rittenhouse has argued that he was acting in self defense as a private citizen to put a stop to violence and looting.
OAN reported that Biden spoke about Rittenhouse after seeing only seconds of footage from the actual incident.
"When Joe Biden called Kyle Rittenhouse a white supremacist last year, it really was just the go-to move of the Democrats," Cotton said. "They do this all the time when they're losing an argument on the merits."
"They don't like parents going to school boards to protest what their kids are learning or school closures, so those parents are called racist," They don't like that Virginian elected Republicans last month. They condemned Virginia voters as racist."
Former U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard took to Twitter on Thursday with some strong words for "antifa-loving politicians." Gabbard called out those who refer to Rittenhouse as a "white supremacist terrorist" without any evidence. The former Democratic presidential candidate stressed the government failed to protect the community from rioters and arsonists.
"It's obvious now that he (Rittenhouse) was just a foolish kid who felt he needed to protect people and the community from rioters & arsonists because the government failed to do so," Gabbard tweeted.
With no evidence, MSM & Antifa-loving politicians immediately labeled Rittenhouse a white supremacist terrorist. It's obvious now that he was just a foolish kid who felt he needed to protect people & the community from rioters & arsonists because the government failed to do so. pic.twitter.com/uhjGQtM4y4— Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) November 11, 2021
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details