U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer has ordered Gov. Janet Mills, health officials of the Maine Department of Health and Human Services, Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention and five of Maine's largest hospital systems to respond by Monday, Oct. 25, to Liberty Counsel's request for immediate relief for health care workers until it decides to review the case.
Liberty Counsel will also file the petition for writ of certiorari on behalf of more than 2,000 Maine health care workers, asking the high court to review the case since there is now a split in the circuits, with the 1st Circuit (governing Maine) denying injunctive relief and the 2nd Circuit (governing New York), granting injunctive relief regarding virtually identical factual and legal issues.
The governors of both states issued executive orders mandating that all health care workers get the COVID shots. They further stated that there would be no religious exemptions considered, even though federal law protecting the sincerely held religious beliefs of employees preempts state law.
Gov. Mills has threatened to revoke the licenses of all health care employers who fail to mandate that all employees receive the COVID-19 injection, despite the unconstitutional fact that she is discriminating against religious employees who decline vaccination while favoring those who decline for secular, medical reasons. The governor originally stated health care workers must receive a COVID-19 injection by Oct. 1 and then extended the deadline for compliance to Oct. 29. However, this required that plaintiffs had to accept the first injection that violates their sincerely held religious beliefs by no later than Friday, Oct. 15, 2021.
Liberty Counsel founder and Chairman Mat Staver said, "We are pleased that the state of Maine has been ordered to respond to our emergency request for relief on behalf of over 2,000 health care workers. Gov. Janet Mills cannot nullify federal law and the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution."
Follow breaking news like this in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details