House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) says the Biden Administration's new policies intended to crack down on alleged "threats of violence" has become nothing more than an effort by Democrats to silence parents' protests about disagreements with school curricula. And, McCarthy says, it must be stopped.
On Tuesday, McCarthy tweeted, "President Biden's latest decision is part of a disturbing trend in the Democratic party to silence parents. We should encourage family participation in our schools, not baselessly attack opposing views because leftist groups want control over curriculums."
The Department of Justice's efforts are aimed to combat an alleged increase in violence and threats directed at school boards and other school officials due to the implementation of education on subjects such as the Critical Race Theory, LGBTQ indoctrination, COVID-19 restrictions and abortion.
Many parents and city officials have been attending school board meetings across the country to protest the curriculum, and the FBI has been called in to work with local law enforcement agencies to "protect school board members, teachers and other public school employees," virtually labeling these parents as "domestic terrorists."
Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement earlier this week that "threats against public servants are not only illegal, they run counter to our nation's core values." Garland called the alleged harassment of local school officials "a disturbing trend."
But McCarthy fired back in a statement Tuesday, accusing Democrats of being guilty of their own "disturbing trend."
"The new DOJ effort is an attempt to silence parents from having a say in their own children's education," McCarthy says. "We saw it last week when Virginia Democrat gubernatorial candidate, Terry McAuliffe, said parents shouldn't have a say in what their own children are taught and it continues this week with the Biden administration labeling parents with concerns and dissenting opinions as domestic terrorists."
McCarthy encouraged parents to participate in public school systems to change things.
"Parents have a fundamental right to be lawfully involved in their children's education," McCarthy said. "We should encourage family participation in our school systems, not baselessly attack opposing views because some liberal education officials and special interest groups see it as a threat to the power they want to have over what children learn in America's classrooms."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details