A mother in northern Virginia unloaded on her city's school board Thursday after discovering what she described as books filled with "pedophilia" on the shelves.
When she left a local high school library, Stacey Langton had two books: "Lawn Boy" by Jonathan Evison and "Gender Queer: A Memoir" by Maia Kobabe. She told the board of Fairfax County Public Schools that, in each book, she found references that "include pedophilia, sex between men and boys" with entries chronicling—in explicit detail—sexual encounters between underage boys and adult males.
"Pornography is offensive to all people," said Langton after she was interrupted by school board members chiding her for reading highly explicit sentences from the two books. "It is offensive to common decency."
As her time drew to a close, board members told Langton she needed to censor herself because "there are children in the audience here."
"Do not interrupt my time!" she replied. "I will stand here until my time is restored and my time is finished. These books are in stock and available in the libraries of Robinson, Langley, and Annandale High Schools."
Earlier in her comments, the protective mother asserted the books' placement in the high school libraries was "not an oversight" but was intentional.
Karl Frisch, the first openly LGBTQ person elected to a local office in Fairfax, made fun of Langton, describing her comments as "exorcisms."
It's not every week the School Board receives two exorcisms during public comment. To be clear, nothing will disrupt our Board's commitment to LGBTQIA+ students, families, and staff. Nothing.— Karl Frisch (@KarlFrischFCPS) September 24, 2021
For the rest of this article, visit our content partners at faithwire.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details