VoterGA today announced joining with State Rep. Philip Singleton in a legal petition to ban Georgia's Dominion Democracy Suite 5.5 voting system. The voting system has already been declared in violation of Georgia law by the U.S. District Court of Northern Georgia [Pg. 81-82].
Georgia law requires a voting system to "print an elector verifiable paper ballot;" and "... produce paper ballots which are marked with the elector's choices in a format readable by the elector." After reviewing extensive evidence in the Curling V. Raffensperger case, Judge Amy Totenberg concluded: "Plaintiffs and other voters who wish to vote in-person are required to vote on a system that does none of those things." [O.C.G.A. § 21-2-2(7.1); O.C.G.A. § 21-2-300(a)(2)]
Petition Seeks Temporary and Permanent Injunctions
The petition seeks temporary and permanent injunctions against the state's use of the new voting system on grounds that its unverifiability to the voter makes it illegal. The Dominion Democracy Suite 5.5 system uses a touchscreen Ballot Marking Device (BMD) to print voter selections with a QR code on a sheet of paper. The scanners ignore the printed voter selections and read the QR code to determine candidates selected and to tabulate election results. The QR code is not human readable, even with a QR code reader, and is thus illegal under Georgia law.
Attorney Todd Harding of Maddox and Harding filed the petition in Fulton County Superior Court. Harding is also representing VoterGA petitioners in the Fulton County Ballot Inspection lawsuit. Details of both cases can be found on the VoterGA.org legal tab.
The petition contends that recommendations provided by VoterGA to the Secure, Accurate, Fair Election Commission (SAFE) warned that any new system must tabulate human readable vote marks that can be verified by the voter. It also contends that VoterGA co-founder Garland Favorito and Madison Forum President Michael Opitz warned Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger about the unverifiability of QR coded voting systems like the Democracy Suite when he was a runoff candidate in 2018. Raffensperger did not heed the warnings and purchased the new Dominion system for over $100 million in 2019.
VoterGA is a nonpartisan, 501(c)3 registered nonprofit organization created by a coalition of citizens working to restore election integrity in Georgia. We advocate for independently verifiable, auditable, recount capable and transparent elections. VoterGA does not endorse political candidates for office.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details