Dr. Leana Wen, the short-lived president of Planned Parenthood, has revealed in her new book that the abortion giant tried to exploit her miscarriage for its benefit.
The former Baltimore health commissioner served a mere eight months as head of Planned Parenthood, from 2018 into 2019. When she left, Wen cited "philosophical differences" with the abortion business after the organization's board voted her out of the lead position.
That, however, is not the narrative Planned Parenthood wanted the public to hear, according to Wen, who wrote about the ordeal in her new book, Lifelines: A Doctor's Journey in the Fight for Public Health.
Wen claimed the organization urged her to blame her exit on grief from her miscarriage, which she was very open about.
The emergency physician wrote in a 2019 editorial for The Washington Post that she "felt numb" when she learned she had experienced a miscarriage, adding she penned the piece in order to "break the silence and shame that often come with pregnancy loss."
In her book, the emergency physician described her miscarriage as "devastating in a way that I couldn't have anticipated," noting her pain was only compounded when Planned Parenthood suggested she use the loss to explain away her departure from the company in July 2019.
"This was offensive and hurtful on so many levels," she wrote.
Wen, who has two kids, wrote she "could not fathom the additional trauma if this news were made public by others who wished to use it for their own purposes."
She ultimately made the decision to write the Post column "so as not to have this deeply personal experience stolen from me."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details