Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
I tend to be "safely conservative." I use The MacArthur Study Bible and read Spurgeon's sermons. My father was an extremely hardworking man who grew up on a farm in Oklahoma. As a result, I was raised in a tough environment where crying was not allowed and emotion—except for anger—was rarely shown.
In my younger years, I made fun of those who genuinely worshipped God. Sure, I would get emotional while watching the NFL or Mike Tyson's one-round knockouts. But in church? No way. I believed I was strong because I could bench-press over 400 pounds, drink a twelve-pack of beer and win most of the fights I was in. I didn't have control of my life—my life had control of me.
Some time later, I began to thumb through the pages of my Bible. I realized just how far I had drifted from the truth. By God's grace, I put my complete trust in Christ. Joy, happiness and peace filled my heart. From that came books, speaking engagements, radio programs, articles and ultimately, a church. God took a small-town boy with learning and speech problems and filled him with His Spirit. Over two decades later, I still remember that special day.
Haitian President Jovenel Moïse was assassinated in an attack on his private residence early Wednesday, according to a statement from the country's interim prime minister, who called the killing a "hateful, inhumane and barbaric act."
First lady Martine Moïse was shot in the overnight attack and hospitalized, interim Premier Claude Joseph said.
Even before the assassination, Haiti had grown increasingly unstable and disgruntled under Moïse. The president ruled by decree for more than two years after the country failed to hold elections and the opposition demanded he step down in recent months.
After falling short of its Fourth of July goal of having 70% of the adult population vaccinated against COVID-19, the Biden administration has announced plans to implement a door-to-door campaign, multiple outlets report. The effort, pitched during a Tuesday press conference, also comes amid concerns about such a mass effort and the effectiveness of the vaccine against COVID-19's new Delta variant.
"Now we need to go community by community, neighborhood by neighborhood and often times door-to-door—literally knocking on doors, to get help to the remaining people protected from the virus," Biden said.
How the administration intends to accomplish this remains unclear. "You don't just give up just because you haven't reached every single person," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said. "We're going to continue to apply what we've seen have been the best practices over the past several months.'"
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details