Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
As surfers and beach bums took to the sand to spend a summer day in the sun, the members of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills flocked to the water to express their great love and dedication to Christ through baptism.
The California church has regularly celebrated the "joy of salvation" with their congregation, but according to a blog post, this is the biggest turnout for water baptism ever recorded. Over 1,200 chose to surrender their lives to Christ over the weekend.
Calvary Chapel "heralds" this annual event as "one of the most important events of the year," as the church celebrated the decision of those who completed the church's baptism class as well as bystanders who spontaneously decided to join the celebration.
Christian singer Matthew West has apologized for his "Modest Is Hottest" satire after critics claimed his lighthearted message contained damaging references to purity culture.
West released the "ridiculously silly" song as a way of reminding his two daughters that "their appearance doesn't define them."
But the song quickly sparked debate over "purity culture" and how West's satire seemed to perpetuate potentially harmful ideologies. West then apologized Thursday evening and removed the video from his social media accounts.
There is a "do more" and "be more" message being propagated in pulpits across the world that is keeping believers trapped in spiritual bondage. The reality of the New Covenant is being overshadowed by the Old Covenant, which has been fulfilled in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
So many are striving for perfection and desperately trying to claw their way into holiness and righteousness, only to fall flat on their faces and drown in a sea of guilt and self-condemnation.
From this perspective, the Good News isn't that you are forgiven but still a filthy sinner. Also, the Good News isn't that you are forgiven but you will need to wrestle with sin all the days of your life until you go to heaven. That wouldn't be Good News at all! There is freedom here and now in the gospel of Jesus. You are forgiven and perfectly free from sin by the grace of God.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details