The month of June has become a yearly event when the LGBTQ community celebrates their pride in their lifestyles. The rainbow, God's sign of His covenant to never again use a flood to destroy the earth, has now been appropriated as a symbol of pride in a lifestyle of sin.
On June 7, the Christian rock band Seventh Day Slumber shared an illustration on their Facebook page of Jesus embracing an LGBTQ person with a pink mohawk, the pride colors prominently displayed on the individual's shaved scalp.
The caption reads, "This picture is a powerful reminder of who God is, how God loves, and how none of us are out of His reach! You can come to Him in your hurt, you can come to Him in your pain, you can come to Him in your sin, you can come to Him in your brokenness. He loves you where you're at. He also loves you too much to leave you there. Be kind to one another. You never know what someone has been through."
The post, written by lead singer Joseph Rojas, has been shared almost 3,000 times and has inspired more than 8,000 comments, both positive and negative. The picture has put the band in hot water with some venues that, in response to the post, have decided to cancel their upcoming concerts. Rojas communicated that he is available to talk with any pastor who has booked the band and would like to discuss more on the topic.
Rojas also remarked in a follow-up post that in the band's more than 20 years of ministry, they have never advocated for a sinful lifestyle, imploring followers to, "Come to [Jesus] as flawed as you are, as broken as you are, as confused as you are. Come to Him with your questions and your anger. Just come."
In a Facebook Live video on June 10, Rojas addressed his fans and encouraged them to not let the angry mob keep them from loving on people publicly, not to let the angry mob keep them from ministering to hurting people publicly.
He went on to share his testimony of overcoming the sin of addiction to cocaine, along with other drugs, how his mother didn't give up praying for him and how we shouldn't give up on the lost either.
Rojas pleaded with people who have been hurt by church to not to give up on Jesus.
As Seventh Day Slumber wrote in the original post, Jesus loves where you're at. He also loves you too much to leave you there.
Social media is abuzz on this topic. We want to know what you think!
Join the discussion on our Charisma Facebook page.
John Matarazzo is a digital content specialist for Charisma Media, reports for the Charisma News Podcast and is the host of AlongTheWay on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details