Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
The Scriptures often speak of God being grieved or angry. But they never speak of Him being discouraged.
That's because discouragement is not an "emotion" that exists within the Godhead. How could it? Discouragement would imply despair. Or hopelessness. Or defeat. And all of these emotions—to speak of the creator in human terms—are totally foreign to Him. Ultimately, in Jesus, they should be foreign to us as well.
Of course, it is only natural that, as human beings, even human beings who have a close relationship with the Lord, we will pass through seasons of discouragement.
This has been a pivotal week in the battle to defund Planned Parenthood. The Supreme Court dismissed three cases challenging the Trump administration's "protect life regulations," defunding millions from Planned Parenthood. At the same time, we filed a new formal public legal comment urging the Biden administration not to reverse the current pro-life rule.
As we explained earlier, the protect life regulations prohibit the use of Title X money "to perform, promote, refer for, or support abortion as a method of family planning." Title X is a federal program dedicated to providing preconception family planning services to the nation's neediest citizens.
The regulations barred grant applicants from providing abortion counseling and referrals, and required them to have financial and physical separation from any abortion provider. Under the prior regulations, physical separation was not required, and abortion clinics exploited this loophole. For example, the National Abortion Federation created an information packet on Title X, instructing abortion clinics that "[i]f a facility receiving Title X funding is itself an abortion provider, it may make what is known as a 'self-referral.'"
Alphabet—the parent company for Google—announced this week it is updating its auto-correct algorithm to be more "inclusive."
The app will now correct sex-based language. For example, rather than using words like "mailman" or "chairman," Google Docs will auto-correct to phrases like "mail carrier" and "chair" or "chairperson," according to the Daily Mail.
The company announced Tuesday, during its I/O Developers Conference, that it will give users suggestions on ways to avoid "offensive" and gendered language.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details