Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
There is a book in my library I often refer to. It is called Tongues: Beyond The Upper Room, by the late Kenneth E. Hagin.
Every believer should have that book. Every church should teach thoroughly from it. Every minister should read it regularly. There are certain men of old like Hagin and many others who were sent by God with light from heaven for their generation. The challenge with each new generation is to keep the light burning that these men brought to us from the Holy Ghost. There is a new church methodology that is making it easier to lose this light. There is a new ministry philosophy that is content to let it slip away because according to their wisdom, it doesn't bring in the numbers or the dollars.
In the aforementioned book, there are some amazing testimonies of the miracle-working power of God that was manifested through those who strongly believed and practiced praying in tongues. One testimony is told of one Brother Boley, a missionary to West Africa. He would travel by sailboat to some primitive islands to preach the gospel to unreached tribes. One night on his return to the mainland, a storm arose at sea. This was at the turn of the 20th century when they did not have light or navigation equipment.
We see headlines about the ongoing crisis in Israel every day—if not every hour. Dr. Michael Brown believes this tragic loss of life in what he says is a "planned provocation by Hamas" is another birth pang pointing to the return of our Savior.
"It's yet another example of why Jerusalem is the most controversial city on the planet," the popular author, Messianic Jewish apologist and podcast host tells host Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"Zechariah 12 tells us—just as Acts 1 does—that the Messiah is coming back to that city," Brown says. "Zechariah 14 explicitly says his feet will touch down in the Mount of Olives just as in Acts 1. He left from there; He'll return there. And a Jewish Jerusalem must welcome him back.
The House GOP has elected Rep. Elise Stefanik as conference chairwoman after ousting Liz Cheney from the post this week.
Stefanik won in a 134-46 vote, defeating conservative Texan GOP Rep. Chip Roy, who jumped into the race Thursday evening. She now serves as the only woman in House GOP leadership.
In her statement following the meeting, Stefanik said the Republican Party is "united in our focus to fight on behalf of the American people."
Read breaking news like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details