Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
She walked into her optometrist's office the very next day.
Reviewing her tests, he stood there, perplexed.
The optometrist confirmed this woman had received 100% sight restoration the night before at the "Field of Dreams" tent revival in Smyrna, Tennessee.
This past weekend, those who wanted to attend Trinity Bible Chapel in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada found the church doors locked against them. The closure came following a court order granted to the attorney general to lock the doors for one week after "allegedly breaking COVID-19 restrictions on a repeated basis," Kitchener Today reports.
"The judge would only give them one week for now, and we will return to court next week to review the status and consider whether there are ways to keep other parts of the church available for the good works they do throughout the week," said Lisa Bildy, attorney for the church. The attorney general had originally requested that the church's doors be locked for the duration of the pandemic.
"It's very sad that our government chose to take a coercive approach to public health, ignoring all prior pandemic plans and public health principles," Bildy added. "It has not balanced the harms that come from lockdowns—from the failure to treat other health conditions, from the mental strain, from abuse of self and others, from lost livelihoods and lost reasons for living. Our clients offer hope for people struggling with these harms, and have endured a great deal of abuse and punishment for sticking to their principles."
China has become known for its social credit system, which uses the feeds from surveillance cameras and smartphone scammers to track its citizens' actions, raising or lowering their scores based on how well those align with Communist Party values. But news from the Gatestone Institute's International Policy Council reveals the totalitarian controls are now reaching beyond the superpower's borders to track the rest of the world.
Gatestone reports that in the Haidilao Hot Pot restaurant in the Kitsilano district of Vancouver, more than 60 surveillance cameras watch 30 tables and send feeds to China. The cameras, manager Ryan Pan explains, are there to "people track" and are '"part of the social credit system in China," per the Sunday Guardian.
Vancouver is "a gateway for the Chinese Communist Party into North America," investigative journalist Ina Mitchell told Gateway. In addition, this particular restaurant's location is within walking distance of the home rented by China's Huawei Technologies for staff relocated to Vancouver to assist Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou, under investigation for alleged bank fraud in the U.S.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details