Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Editor's Note: In view of the recent scandals involving high-profile ministries, Charisma News shares this two-part series by bestselling author Eric Wilson about his own experiences as the son of a pastor who fell into sexual sin. We present this for your prayerful consideration. Read the first part at this link.
In the aftermath of our church scandal, my sister stayed put after graduation and served on staff at our parents' church. My brother and I moved a thousand miles south with our mom. I paid the bills while my brother finished high school. Eventually, our parents divorced. Though Mom was never the same, she did missions, spoke at churches and shared Jesus with any who would listen.
Feeling exiled far from home, I took many long walks, crying, yelling, pleading with God. I held nothing back. If He couldn't handle my darkest moments when I needed Him most, then I would have walked away for good. Instead, He spoke to me through song and Scriptures. He assured me He would never leave me nor forsake me. I was made in His image, even if others saw only my father in my angular features.
I read in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NLT) that we should "test everything that is said" and "hold on to what is good." There was no reason to toss everything Dad had taught me growing up. When I examined his instructions through the lens of God's Word, I realized the amount of wisdom and truth which permeated Dad's words.
She auditioned for American Idol at 17, but the judges rejected her. Now, she's a two-time Grammy winner who holds the record for the longest standing No. 1 single on any Billboard chart.
And on Monday, Lauren Daigle wowed the American Idol audience with her hit song, "Look Up Child," during a special comeback performance.
This unique episode provided last season's 10 finalists an opportunity to perform live because COVID-19 restrictions previously prohibited them from doing so.
There is a spiritual war going on around us—a fight between light and darkness. There is a need for an occupying force to step out of the four walls of the church and influence the society around them.
Fifteen years ago, we never imagined we would be facing many of the issues we are today. The question is: What are we as Christians going to do about it?
It is noticeably clear as we look at the nations today that Christians have stepped out of society and gotten too comfortable just showing up for a church service. We have let the nonchurched determine the roadmap of our nations' futures. How did we come to this conclusion? Just look at one of the massive problems that we face every day: the fight for the minds of our children.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details