Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Baylor University Coach Scott Drew made headlines not only for the basketball team's first national champion win, but for the faith-filled culture he promoted on and off the court. Upholding his own beliefs as well as the school's values didn't stop after the team traveled back home.
An interview in Waco, Texas, shows Ted Teague, general manager of the Allen Samuels Auto Group dealership, presenting Drew with a new Jeep Wrangler, as is the tradition for congratulating the team on a national championship win. Teague has presented women's coach Kim Mulkey with custom cars in the past, and the same is being done for Drew.
However, a comment that Teague made next in the interview drove Drew to decline the gift.
Freedom. We hear a lot about that from the left who say they supposedly fight for freedom.
But for who? All I see is a group working hard to take our constitutional freedoms and give them to people who are not citizens or to those who want to change our Constitution and steal the freedoms of the majority ... especially Christians.
And they will continue unless we decide to say, "Enough!"
The spark that ignites the flame isn't always all that bright at first.
That has certainly been true for Robby Gallaty, the senior pastor of Long Hollow Baptist Church in Hendersonville, Tennessee, where 1,048 people have been baptized since Sunday, Dec. 20, following nearly a year of what Gallaty described as "silence and solitude" in his own life.
"Here's what happened," the pastor told Faithwire during a recent Zoom conversation, leaning into the camera after taking his glasses off. "I began sitting with the Lord for 10 months. Then, finally, Dec. 15, 2020, I'm on the porch, and I hear as clear as day these words in my head, after a season of silence and solitude: 'Spontaneous baptism'"
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details