It can feel like religious freedom is on the ropes with the attempted government bans on church services over COVID concerns and an aggressive homosexual agenda in the courts.
But a new study shows that at the Supreme Court, religious liberty is winning.
The study, published in The Supreme Court Review, finds that the Supreme Court under Chief Justice John Roberts is much more likely to rule in favor of religious liberty than previous courts have during the past 70 years.
It shows an 81% success rate in favor of religious liberty, a 31% increase over previous supreme court decisions.
The authors write, "Plainly, the Roberts court has ruled in favor of religious organizations, including mainstream Christian organizations, more frequently than its predecessors. With the replacement of Ruth Bader Ginsburg with Amy Coney Barrett, this trend will not end soon and may accelerate."
Compared to the current 81%, the study found the court led by Chief Justice Earl Warren in the '50s and 60's supported religious liberty only 46% of the time, 51% under Chief Justice Warren E. Burger in the '60s, '70s and '80s, and 58% under Chief Justice William Rehnquist from the '80s until 2005.
The study says the justices most responsible for the current shift are Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, John Roberts and Brett Kavanaugh.
Read the rest of this encouraging story from our content partners at CBN News here.
Reprinted with permission from cbn.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network Inc., All rights reserved.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details