Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
"Please get out. Get out of this property. Immediately get out."
Pastor Artur Pawlowski, pastor of Calgary's Street Church in Alberta, Canada, gave this emphatic response to police, city and health department officers who interrupted a worship service he was holding Saturday at the Fortress (Cave) of Adullam per Calgary CTV News. The video he posted of this encounter has now gone viral, with a reported 1 million views as of Sunday morning, per the Washington Examiner.
A spokesperson for Alberta Health Services told Calgary CTV the officers were "there to observe whether the organization was following" Alberta's health guidelines laid out regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Those restrictions include limiting capacity to 15% and requiring attendees to wear masks and maintain physical distancing.
Sunday, Christians across the globe celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the event that split eternity and brought salvation to all those who believe in His name.
But Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., senior pastor of Atlanta's Ebenezer Baptist Church, wrote in an Easter tweet that "The meaning of Easter is more transcendent than the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Whether you are Christian or not, through a commitment to helping others we are able to save ourselves." Conservative attorney Jenna Ellis and websites such as mediaite.com captured the shocking statement before Warnock deleted it after receiving massive backlash.
Warnock deleted his heretical tweet.
U.S. Olympic athletes can protest at the Olympic trials. Kneeling or raising a clenched fist on the podium will be acceptable. At the start line during the national anthem, athletes can protest too.
Athletes can wear a hat or mask with messages like "Black Lives Matter," "equality," or "justice." Plus, they can use social media and the press to get their message out.
The United States Olympic Committee said the guidelines are only for the U.S. Olympic trials, not the Tokyo Olympics scheduled for this summer. The International Olympic Committee's Rule 50 prohibits protests and demonstrations.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details