Christopher Ruddy, owner of Newsmax TV, challenged fellow believers stunned by the recent election and confused about what to do going forward: Get involved in your own sphere of influence, and start taking the country back from the grassroots level.
"President Trump has a monumental record, a legacy that has done so much good. I believe much will continue, including his consequential policies on China, peace in the Middle East and North Korea, and in particular, his important work on promoting religious freedom, not only worldwide, but also here at home," Ruddy said.
Ruddy, who has a long history in media and is also a longtime friend of former President Donald Trump, has a unique view on Trump's efforts going forward. He said, "I believe one of the most important things the president did was being an advocate against religious persecution both in America and worldwide. This could very well be the most important thing he could do going forward as he charts his future contributions."
Ruddy is particularly concerned about the threat to freedom of the press and religion currently facing Americans. "From Twitter to Facebook to all the other platforms, you cannot discuss fraud in the election in any way," he said.
As a strong believer, Ruddy said his faith is intrinsically linked to his work in news and knows his purpose is to promote the kingdom of God on earth. "Faith in Jesus Christ is the most important thing in my life," Ruddy said. "I view life as a temporary time on this earth that God is going to judge us all for, and we are called to be active for Christ."
Bestselling author of God, Trump and the 2020 Election, Stephen Strang, agrees. "A passive church is part of the reason the country is in the mess it's in," he said, reflecting on the words of Romans 12:2a: "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind."
To protect free speech and rally against religious persecution, Ruddy has a practical and timely word for Christians: "Believers need to get involved on the very local level."
Not only that, but believers must realize "while it is important to have a leader like Donald Trump, the big concern is that America is changing and becoming dramatically more liberal and Democrat." The best way to combat this, Ruddy said, is to "get involved with your local church, your school board, town or local government."
By getting involved, you reveal the true power in local government and can be a force for change.
Amir George directs The World Helpline at the worldhelpline.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details