God called her to the front lines. And she didn't want to go.
"I'm perfectly fine being behind the scenes," Gypsy Dallas Smith, whom God has called to the mountain of media, tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I don't worry about what people think about me or what they're going to say. ... I want to be obedient with what God is asking me to do," she says of the Voices of Hope ministry she and her husband founded. "And I want to be faithful. But I don't want to feel like I'm ever trying to strive to be somebody that I'm not."
"Fear has always been something that's gripped me for most of my life, and so that's been a hard one for me—just trust learning to trust the Father and being obedient," she says. "And so I constantly have to keep myself in check and make sure that I'm not operating out of a spirit of fear. ... [Fear is] a human, natural human emotion; fear can save your life. But there's a difference between the human emotion of fear and the spirit of fear that controls your thoughts and your actions."
And Smith has advice for others who struggle with fear, either of being in the public eye, as she did, or something else: "Absolutely do it afraid."
"From my experience, people say, 'Well, I don't have peace about it; I don't have peace about it,'" she says. "Here's the thing: From my own experience, anytime God has ever asked me to do anything, it scared me a little. In fact, it scared me a lot. Because it caused me to get outside of my comfort zone and to depend on the Father and not on my own strength. So I would encourage those listening to just do whatever it is that God's asking you to do, and do it afraid. Stop being the weapon formed against yourself."
For more from Gypsy Dallas Smith about how the Lord has called her to 'do it afraid' and the amazing ways He has used her as a result, listen to the entire episode of the Greenelines podcast at this link. Be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. Also, check out Smith's own Voices of Hope podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details