Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
The founding of higher education in America was almost entirely Christian, to the point that, even by 1881, "80 percent of the colleges in the United States were church related and private." As one Christian author pointed out, "106 of the first 108 colleges were started on the Christian faith. By the close of 1860 there were 246 colleges in America. Seventeen of these were state institutions; almost every other one was founded by Christian denominations or by individuals who avowed a religious purpose."
Yet an op-ed published in USA Today has called for the NCAA to ban Oral Roberts University because of its biblically-based, Christian standards. What an example of bigotry and intolerance, not to mention an anti-American spirit—and I mean the op-ed, not ORU.
According to sports columnist Hemal Jhaveri, as ORU made a surprising run in the annual NCAA men's basketball tourney, "the university's deeply bigoted anti-LGBTQ+ policies can't and shouldn't be ignored."
There is a glorious promise in the book of Isaiah 60 where the prophet tells us when darkness covers the earth and deep darkness the people, the glory of God will rise upon the church.
We must cling to the Lord in this hour and heed this prophetic declaration. When uncertainty surrounds us, questions abound and the world is fighting against the Lord and His purposes, we must truly understand that God has the upper hand. And we, as God's people, will rise up in victory regardless of what it looks like around us.
We've seen throughout church history that the Lord loves to manifest His power and presence in some of the darkest places and in the darkest moments of human history. When pain, strife and sinfulness are at its height, it is the perfect time for the glory of God to crash in and rescue hearts.
Gov. Tim Walz recently rescinded all occupancy requirements on Minnesota's houses of worship with the issuance of his latest executive order 21-11.
Walz has ended the state's 50% occupancy requirements on church attendance. In January, the 250-person limit was revoked, but the 50% capacity restriction remained. However, that ended March 15.
Thomas More Society represents three Christian churches—Cornerstone Church of Alexandria (Minnesota), Life Spring Church (in Crosby, Minnesota), Cavalry Chapel (in St. Paul, Minnesota), along with their respective pastors—that filed suit in district court last August against Walz and Attorney General Keith Ellison challenging the worship restrictions.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details