The petition to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom has surpassed the number of signatures needed for the recall to appear on the ballot, recallgavin2020.com announced on its Facebook page last night.
"We did this!" organizer Solis Flower announced in a Facebook Live video. "This was through the California Patriots Coalition ... I just want to tell you guys that we are beyond blessed."
"The reason that I want to recall Gov. Newsom is because he has ruined our state," she says. "He has made our kids suffer while his kids went to school, his kids played sports and his businesses were opened. .... He had no plan to do anything safely in California."
"He went to Walt Disney World," Solis adds later in the video. "He went to Hawaii while the rest of us were on lockdown, waiting for King Newsom to open the doors for us so that we can even hug our family. Ridiculous."
Flower, a Latina, points to the fact that the recall effort was not racist in nature, praising her diverse team and adding at the conclusion of her video, "I used to be a Democrat, but Jesus set me free."
"Well, the reality is it looks like it's going on the ballot, and so we're ready to go," Newsom said of the recall campaign at a Tuesday news conference, per USA Today. "We will fight it. We will defeat it."
The recall effort came in large part to the governor's restrictive orders surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, notably those prohibiting indoor worship services, including home Bible studies and fellowship as well as "singing and chanting" while encouraging mass gatherings of protestors throughout the state. The Supreme Court recently ruled in favor of Pastor Ché Ahn's Harvest Rock Church and Harvest International Ministry, who had sued Newsom over these orders, pending appeal.
Political commentator Dave Rubin tweeted out his congratulations to the recall team with the words, "You're getting recalled, @GavinNewsom!"
You're getting recalled, @GavinNewsom! Congrats to the 2 million plus shop owners, restauranteurs, independents, Democrats, and apolitical people who made it happen. You know, real hardcore right wing Republican types... pic.twitter.com/oNBDA7r2sx— Dave Rubin (@RubinReport) March 17, 2021
Kevin Faulconer, a candidate for the California governor spot, tweeted that "The recall is happening because Gavin Newsom has failed us."
The recall is happening because Gavin Newsom has failed us.— Kevin Faulconer (@Kevin_Faulconer) March 18, 2021
Californians are demanding accountability. Change is coming.https://t.co/3R06VefYE8
And another Twitter commenter pointed to the bipartisan nature of the recall effort:
In LA County, more Democrats back recall than Republicans. 3 to 1!https://t.co/vgf6Ygja8j— David J Harris Jr (@DavidJHarrisJr) March 18, 2021
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details