Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
On July 5, 2019, I posted an article titled, "Will Amazon Ban the Bible Next?" That's because Amazon had removed the books of Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, the psychologist whom critics have dubbed "the father of conversion therapy."
In other words, for claiming that sexual orientation is not innate and immutable and for claiming that change is possible, Dr. Nicolosi's books must be banned.
This led to a logical question: Will Amazon ban the Bible next?
One of the world's oldest known Esther scrolls (also known as a megillah) has recently been gifted to the National Library of Israel in Jerusalem, home to the world's largest collection of textual Judaica, where it has also been made available online for the first time.
Esther scrolls contain the story of the book of Esther in Hebrew and are traditionally read in Jewish communities across the globe on the festival of Purim, which will take place on Feb. 25-28 this year.
Scholars have determined that the newly received Esther scroll was written by a scribe on the Iberian Peninsula around 1465, prior to the Spanish and Portuguese Expulsions at the end of the 15th century. These conclusions are based on both stylistic and scientific evidence, including Carbon-14 dating.
When given the choice between being sentenced to juvenile detention or attending a Christian summer camp, Will Hawkins embarks on a journey of self-discovery in the most unlikely of ways.
During his week away at camp, Hawkins, played by Kevin Quinn, meets the camp director's daughter (Bailee Madison), whose faith encourages him to open his eyes to a world of belonging and community he didn't realize was even possible for a "troubled teen" like him.
In the first faith-centered musical to air on Netflix, the story "for the entire family" will "visibly move audiences through tears and laughter," co-producer Gabriel Vasquez says.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details